ALUCOBOND© Technical Guide
Alucobond® Material is available in a wide range of options and dimensions that can be tailored to your specific project
The World's Favorite Aluminum Composite Material
Alucobond® is the original ACM (aluminum composite material) and is the preferred architectural cladding for façade and corporate identity applications. Alucobond® Material is available in a wide range of options and dimensions that can be tailored to your specific project. With its hallmark superior flatness, Alucobond® offers an extensive selection of standard and custom finishes that span the color spectrum.
- Aluminum facings in 0.020" nominal thickness (interior and exterior to ensure flatness)
- Polyethylene core available in 3mm, 4mm, and 6mm thicknesses (PE)
- Proprietary fire-resistant core available in 4mm thickness only (Plus)
- Standard widths 50" and 62" (coil coated)
- Standard widths 50" and 60" (anodized)
- Custom width 40"
- Standard lengths 122", 146", and 196"
- Custom lengths up to a maximum of 360"
Minimum Bending Radius
- The minimum bending radius of Alucobond® and Alucobond® Plus without routing the interior skin is 15 times the thickness of the material.
TESTS AND BUILDING CODES
Guided by the most comprehensive technical support team in the industry, Alucobond® maintains constant and rigorous code compliance. From conceptual vision to finished project, the Alucobond® sales and service professionals will guide you through the process.
North American Building Code Acceptance
Alucobond® and Alucobond® Plus are accepted by the following code regulatory bodies:
- City of New York
- City of Los Angeles
- Miami-Dade County Florida
- National Building Code of Canada (1998)
Material Code Tests
Alucobond® has successfully passed the following tests:
- ASTM E 84
- ASTM D1929
- ASTM D1781
- NFPA 285 (Alucobond® Plus)
Alcan Composites proudly partners with the most trusted, proven fabricators and installers in the metal wall panel industry. These experts will transform Alucobond® Material into the cladding system best suited for your design and application. The systems illustrated here are representative of typical attachment methods.