Easily fabricated and durable HDPE for use in radiation and shielding applications.
- Easy to handle and fabricate
- Durable over a wider temperature range
- Consistent density and homogeneity
- Superior dimensional quality and flatness
- Available as 48" x 96" sheets for simple
Borotron® HD050 is based on Quadrant's high performance HDPE with 5% elemental boron. Borotron® has been used as a medical and industrial shielding material to attenuate and absorb neutron radiation. This easily fabricated polymer material also offers designers greater durability and function over a wider range of temperatures than traditional materials.